Young’s Auto Center and Salvage
Certificate of Limited Warranty
30 DAY WARRANTY
Young’s Auto Center & Salvage Warrants All Parts For 30 Days Subject To The Conditions and Limitations Set Forth Below:
“Extended Parts & Labor Warranties Are Available for Purchase.”
Young’s Auto Center & Salvage is continuously striving to be a leader in the Auto Recycling Industry. The utmost care has been taken in the buying, dismantling, testing, and cleaning of the parts you have just purchased so as to assure you many miles of motoring pleasure. If however, a problem should occur the following procedures should apply.
- All engines are warranted against rod knocks, cracked cylinder blocks or heads, bad cam or crankshaft, excessive smoking, and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated. Cylinder heads and cylinder blocks must be machine shop tested before installing against cracks by the buyer for warranty and return.
- Engines are normally sold complete for our customer’s convenience. However, the following are not warranted due to breakage or defects: water pumps, fuel pumps, and any and all gaskets, carburetors, plugs, wires, and exhaust manifolds. These items are not warranted when sold on an engine and often need to be switched from the original engine. Young’s Auto Center and Salvage accepts no responsibility for the cost of these changes.
- The used engine you have purchased must have new oil and new filter installed upon installation. You must provide for a new tune up which includes resetting of computers upon installation of a motor.
- Transmissions are guaranteed to work properly at the time of purchase. Shearing or breaking of teeth in standard transmissions is not warranted under any circumstances. Customers must replace all seals and fluids. Engines and transmissions must have new seals and new filters. Warranty does not cover replacement of any seals.
- Vehicles which have Young’s Auto Center and Salvage engines and transmissions installed must have proper capacity cooling systems and be in good condition. Radiators are to be replaced or reconditioned by a certified radiator shop. New thermostats must be installed. All lines must be flushed and cleaned to be free of contaminants. New radiator hoses are also suggested.
- A heat tab is a small device attached to engine blocks and cylinder heads that provide visible evidence of excessive overheating. The center of the heat tab melts at 260 degrees Fahrenheit. Warranty is voided if heat tabs are melted, removed, or gone from an engine for any reason.
- Proper oil levels and cooling levels must be maintained at all times for the warranty to be valid.
- Defective engine or transmission must remain installed in the vehicle until an authorized Young’s Auto Center & Salvage representative confirms defect.
- All warranty work must be done by Young’s Auto Center & Salvage certified shop or permission to do work must be given in writing by an authorized agent of Young’s Auto Center & Salvage.
- All warranty claims must be presented in writing to an authorized agent or manager of Young’s Auto Center & Salvage for this warranty to be valid.
- Young’s Auto Center & Salvage, at its option, may replace the parts, repair the parts or refund the original purchased price. Adjustments to be made are on
PARTS ONLY – NO LABOR. (* HOWEVER; AN EXTENDED PARTS WARRANTY OR AN EXTENDED LABOR WARRANTY MAY BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY-ASK YOUR SALESPERSON.)
- All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the limited warranty. Consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
- Warranties on any product sold shall be in effect only for the duration of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the expressed warranties herein, there shall be no warranties expressed or implied including merchant ability and fitness for use on the product sold.
- The warranty is not transferable and does not cover damage if parts are used in connection with racing purposes or vehicles with racing equipment or damage by accident or misuse.
- IMPROPER INSTALLATION WILL VOID WARRANTY.
- WARRANTY IS VOID WITHOUT RECEIPT. NO REFUNDS ON DEPOSITS!
- 25% handling charge on all returned merchandise. No exchanges after 30 days.
- No refunds, guarantees, or exchanges on any electrical parts, carburetors, or any fuel system parts.
- Young’s Auto Center & Salvage does not assume responsibility for towing charges, layup time, telephone, loss due to downtime, cost of lodging, cost of vehicle use, inconvenience, car, or truck rental.
- Any merchandise or invoice marked “AS IS” will void this Certificate of Limited Warranty. This means
NO WARRANTY-NO REFUND.
- Special ordered parts $150 or less must be PAID FOR IN FULL. Absolutely, no refunds on these special ordered parts. Special ordered parts more than $150 require a 50% deposit. Absolutely no refunds on these deposits.
- Absolutely no refunds on labor deposits.
- No verbal representations, made by an agent, clerk, or employee of this company, contrary to the provisions of this “Limited Warranty” shall be binding.
- All costs and shipping charges incurred in the return of any item purchased are the responsibility of the purchaser and are not included in the Limited Warranty.
Young’s makes every effort to monitor and keep our online content current. However, some warranty information may not be published or updated online. Therefore, any Young’s warranty information displayed online is for convenience only and not your actual warranty. Your “actual” warranty will be effective as stated on your invoice at the time and date of purchase. Please contact your local Young’s sales location with any warranty questions.